Community Clergy Training Program:
Military Culture and the Wounds of War/Building Community Partnerships
Many Veterans and their family members seek help for their problems from clergy because they feel the faith community can provide anonymity, confidentiality and a stigma-free environment. Yet clergy members sometimes have limited knowledge about readjustment difficulties and the unique health issues- post traumatic stress, depression- common to returning warriors.
Community Training Partner Initiative (CCTP) offers critical resource to educate and support the faith community. Join the upcoming training event in your area.
Hope Lutheran Church
1520 Union St
Bangor ME 04401
April 26, 2019
8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
3 Contact Hours Provided
- To explore underlying conflicts between military and civilian cultures.
- To increase understanding of the potential needs of assistance among those returning from war.
- To increase understanding of the challenges of re-integration into family and community after war.
- To review the potential for congregations to be communities that support re-integration of Veterans back into their rural settings.
- To describe some successful community efforts in helping Veterans to integrate back into their communities.
- To provide knowledge that improves ability to identify ministry opportunities for Veterans in your community.
Please click the link to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cctp-pastoral-care-for-veterans-and-their-families-registration-58326768936